Friday, February 18, 2011

Sending them off...

My two oldest DS are headed out to lead worship at a Junior High retreat. I am happy for them and excited about how they are using their gifts for good.  As I watch them grow up - it's fun to see, and also hard to experience.  Letting go is hard.  Do they realize when they get into the car, they are carrying my precious cargo?  Do they realize how important it is to take care of themselves.....because I want one more hug, one more kiss on their cheek and one more chance to tell them how wonderful they are?

I believer the Father thinks the same of his children. When we head out the door into the world, do we realize how important we are to the Father?  Do we realize that each step we take, thought we entertain and word we say is a part of his precious cargo?  Do we really understand that who we are and what we do MATTERS to the King of the universe?  Well, it does!

Maybe that's part of what the scripture is talking about - when it says, "whatever you do, do it as if you were serving the Lord..."

No comments: