Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's a small and crazy world.....

After 24 years, Balsam and I are back together.  She and I were friends in high school, and like a lot of high school friends, parted ways as we both went off to college.  Only, she ended up back in Iraq and I safe and sound in the Pacific Northwest.  We lost touch with one another - to be reunited again, years later. Balsam is a bit of a modern day Corrie Ten Boom. I really think there is a story to be written....watch for more.

The amazing part - though we had a lot to catch up on - including her miraculous survival and protection living in a very oppressed place, it was like we'd never left one another.  Like the 24 years was only the weekend.  Those kinds of friendships are rare. Our lives have been so different over the last  2 1/2 decades, and yet I think it has been providential to become reconnected.

"I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

Only God really knows what the future holds - and yet I believe he can take the rubbish (as my UK friend Balsam would say) of our lives and create a masterpiece.  I am humbled to see what he is doing in both of our lives. Today, I am thankful, more than ever before, for the blessings and the high calling on my life.  I am far from equipped, but believe the Father will equip me with all that I need.

No comments: